By now you know that when the four of us are together, in person or via the magic of the internet, the conversations almost always come back to books. We love them. We love the people who write them, the people who publish them, and the people who read them. In fact, we have so many feelings about books that we wanted to find a way to share our conversations with you! Welcome to a new week of Spotlight Sunday, hosted by Fiction Fare (Erin & Jaime) and Swoony Boys Podcast (Kassiah & Meg), where we dish about ALL things bookish. Each week we’ll post a topic, we’ll start the conversation by telling you some of our thoughts, and then it will be your turn to sound off in the comment section.
To swag or not to swag? At events, people go crazy over swag. Why? What do you do with it?
Jaime: I don’t mind swag… sometimes I find I have waaaaaay too much and have to do random giveaways because I don’t know what else to do with it, but it’s nice to include bookmarks in with our book giveaways and even some promo stuff - I know I grabbed a bunch of epicreads flyer thingies at BEA last year and have been tossing them into some of the packages I send out. I do like the more unique things - I think I have a Cress comb that my son has stolen from me and the chapstick or bags are always nice to have and of course I’m a button person - did you see my instagram picture! LOL - Oh Susan Dennard had these trading card things for her characters in Something Strange & Deadly and I loved those! I think I’ve gotten better about not grabbing a ton of stuff - usually just a few bookmarks to send with books and call it a day. I’m not sure there is anything I hate… okay, maybe stickers. I never know what to do with stickers.
Kassiah: I always want all of the swag, but like ya'll, don't really know what to do with it. Ya'll know my hoarding tendencies, though, and I find it hard to give up things. :)
Erin: I honestly have no idea what to do with most of it. I keep some of the bookmarks because I can always use more of those but typically I just add them to Jaime’s pile of stuff for giveaways. There are some really unique things that we get that I like to hold onto - like the stickers, pins, and chapstick (cause what girl doesn’t love chapstick) but typically the bracelets and other random things that I don’t use, gets given away to people who follow the blog or win something else in a giveaway.
- Do You Prefer E-Books or Physical Copies?
- Love Triangles: Love Them Or Hate Them?
- Can You Judge a Book By Its Cover?
- Self-Publishing--Love It or Hate It?
- What's the Next Big Thing?
- Memes...All That or Just Filler?
- What to Do When You and Your Friends Don't Agree About Books
- How Do You Decide What to Read Next?
- What Book Has Made the Biggest Impact on You?
- Young Adult Books You Wouldn't Let Your Kid Read
- What Books Would You Like to See Made Into TV Shows or Movies?
- What Takes You Out of a Book or Book World?
- Is There Anything That You Consider Unforgivable for Characters?
- What Makes an Ending Satisfying to You?
- How Important Are Author Relations?